Meals on Wheels Spokane is no longer receiving state funding...Budget slashed by 46.5%.
In 2010 Meals on Wheels served 15,000 meals in the senior center and delivered 78,000 meals to home-bound seniors. 75% of those using the shelter are 75 years or older. Of those receiving meals in their home, 76% live alone and 44% of those have incomes less than $1,000 a month. 80% of those served have 2 or fewer meals per day. 54% of those receiving meals rarely eat with someone.
- Meet fellow players at the Cotton Classic Social at Northern Quest Resort and Casino on Thursday, August 7th from 5:30-7:30pm. This intimate reception is in the Pavilion with hors d’ oeuvres, first opportunity to bid on silent and live auction items reserved only for this evening and entertainment by the talented Jimi Finn.
- Event takes place at the Spokane Country Club on Friday, August 8th
- If you haven’t confirmed your foursome’s attendance and contact information, please take a moment to do so now by emailing Karen Richardson email@example.com.
- Check in begins at 10:30am and the driving range is open until 1pm
- Lunch by Waddell’s Pub and Grill will be served from 11-12:45pm
- Shotgun start at 1pm
- Dinner at 6:15pm in the clubhouse. We have room for a few additional dinner guests. If you’d like to register a guest, cost is $50 and must be paid in advance. Please RSVP to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spokane Country Club is a cash only facility. Please bring cash for beverages and pro shop needs.
Mid-City Concerns is located at 1222 West 2nd Avenue in Downtown Spokane, Washington. You can also call 509-456-6597.
Donate to RESCUE
Meals on Wheels Spokane
Who we serve...
Since 1963 Mid City Senior Center has provided a nutritional and social lifeline for seniors through our downtown meal site in Spokane and Meals-On-Wheels delivery to homebound seniors. With the help of more than 750 volunteers, the nonprofit, nonsectarian agency now serves 500 meals daily and more than 116,000 meals each year.
Mid-City Concerns/Meals on Wheels Spokane forgo government funding in 2011. read more.
Join our Supper Club
Generous donors who make monthly gifts provide Meals on Wheels Spokane with the steady income needed in order to provide food, friendship and other critical services to our homebound neighbors in need. Click here to learn more...
Pet Food Program
To prevent our seniors from sharing their food with their beloved pets we now deliver cat and dog food the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. This extra day provides us the opportunity for an additional check in on the well being of our seniors.
Cat and dog food deliveries will be the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.