Be A Volunteer
The goal of this program is to help the homebound elderly and disabled maintain a sense of independence and dignity while remaining in their own homes longer. Volunteers provide the warm and loving contact that our seniors need. Without all our amazing volunteers, our program would not exist. Thank you for helping support seniors in our community!
The delivery of meals is accomplished by a core of 750 volunteers from the Spokane community. Many are scheduled from local churches and businesses. These people not only volunteer their time, but also donate their vehicles and gas costs. By the end of the 2016 calendar year, these volunteers delivered about 110,000 meals which includes liquid food supplements, frozen meals, and hot lunches.
We are always looking for more volunteers! If you think you would be available to assist us, please call Derrick Freeland at 509-456-0397 or email him at email@example.com.
Meals on Wheels Spokane does have a few requirements for our volunteers:
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Provide your own transportation
• Be available one and half hours each volunteer day
• Access to GPS is helpful
• Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
• Be able to respect each client’s right to privacy and confidentiality
• Have a sincere commitment to the success of Meals on Wheels Spokane