Be A Volunteer
The goal of this program is to help the homebound elderly and disabled maintain a sense of independence and dignity while remaining in their own homes longer. Volunteers provide the warm and loving contact that our seniors need. Without all our amazing volunteers, our program would not exist. Thank you for helping support seniors in our community!
The delivery of meals is accomplished by a core of 750 volunteers from the Spokane community. Many are scheduled from local churches and businesses. These people not only volunteer their time, but also donate their vehicles and gas costs. By the end of the 2017 calendar year, these volunteers delivered about 123,000 meals which includes liquid food supplements, frozen meals, and hot lunches.
We are always looking for more volunteers! If you think you would be available to assist us, please call Amy Woolery at 509-456-0397 or email her at email@example.com.
Here's How you can help:
- Deliver hot or frozen meals to seniors in your community - Must be available from 10:30am to 1pm weekdays (8:30am on Tuesdays for frozen meal delivery).
- Help in our Senior Center Kitchen - Must be available at 11am weekdays.
- Help our seniors in the Senior Center - Any availability from 8am to 3pm weekdays.
- Help manage our pet food supply - Any availability from 11:30am to 2pm weekdays.
- Deliver pet food to the pets of seniors in your community - Must be available the first and third Saturday of each month from 8:30am to 11am.
- Join our Friend to Friend program and socialize with a senior in your community.
- Group volunteer opportunities available.
Meals on Wheels Spokane does have a few requirements for our volunteers:
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Provide your own transportation
• Be available one and half hours each volunteer day
• Access to GPS is helpful
• Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
• Be able to respect each client’s right to privacy and confidentiality
• Have a sincere commitment to the success of Meals on Wheels Spokane