Great Pumpkin Race
saturday, october 27, 2018
READY, SET, GO! Welcome to Spokane’s annual Great Pumpkin Race. What makes it great is you! Your help, your participation, your laughs, your squeals, your cheers and even your groans. Gather your family and friends and get your little pumpkins to the Great Pumpkin Race. This year, alongside the pumpkin race we are adding a 1k and also a 5k family fun run. T-shirts, prizes, a raffle and many other activities will be available. Fun for the whole family!!!
- Pumpkin Race: $5 per pumpkin racer
- 1k Spider Sprint: Child= $15 / Adult= $25 (free t-shirt)
- 5k Dress-up Dash Child= $15 / Adult= $25 (free t-shirt)
The Great Pumpkin Race will be held at the 3rd level of Greenwood Memorial Terrace located at 211 N Government Way, Spokane 99224.
View sponsorship opportunities here
registration and race times:
- Registration: 9am
- 5k Dress-up Dash: 10am (all ages)
- 1k Spider Sprint: 11am (all ages)
- Great Pumpkin Race: 12pm (all ages)
Pumpkin Racer Information:
Welcome to Spokane’s annual Great Pumpkin Race. What makes it great is you! Your help, your participation, your laughs, your squeals, your cheers and even your groans.
- Because time and space are limited, please arrive and register early enough to ensure your pumpkin a place in the race - not to mention the goodies mentioned above.
- Even though the race starts at noon, registration is open from 9am to 11:30am.
- At registration, children will be asked their first name and the name, if any, of their pumpkin. Kids who decline this information will simply be announced as “number 44".
Important: Respect the neighborhood that hosts this event. Do not block driveways or cause a nuisance. This is a public event with media welcome. If you participate you will likely be photographed or otherwise recorded.
- Pumpkin must be under 12 pounds, excluding wheels and chassis. Pumpkins may be hollowed out to meet weight. All manner of kid-appropriate dressed pumpkins welcome.
- Pumpkin must be attached to wheels with screws or bolts or other means that penetrate and tightly secure the pumpkin to the wheels. All pumpkins must pass the “wobble” test in order to race. No rogue pumpkins!
- Pumpkins will be gravity powered only. No assists of any kind allowed.
- Pumpkins may not include flammable or hazardous materials of any kind.