Great Pumpkin Race
saturday, october 28, 2017
READY, SET, GO! Gather your family and friends and get your little pumpkins to the Great Pumpkin Race. Enjoy the Cannon Hill neighborhood in full fall colors as Madison Avenue is transformed into a side-by-side Pumpkin race, where creativity runs wild. Dress in colorful costumes, enjoy fun activities for all ages, make your own Pumpkin Race-car and feel the thrill of competing in the fun-spirited Great Pumpkin Race. Fun for the whole family, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and volunteers.
View the flyer here.
View the sponsorship opportunities here.
Please scroll down for race information and pumpkin rules.
Thank you to all of our 2017 Great Pumpkin Race Sponsors!
Thank you to Fred Meyer on 400 S Thor Street for being this years Smashing Pumpkin Sponsor! As a good neighbor, Fred Meyer is committed to sponsoring events and organizations that enhance and strengthen the communities where their Associates live and work.What's on your list today?
Gerber Collision & Glass Spokane, located on 1318 W 2nd Ave is your best source for auto collision repair service. They repair automotive damage on all makes and models and back our work with a National Lifetime Guarantee. Gerber Collision & Glass is your local auto collision repair shop in Spokane.
Mechanics Pride Tire & Automotive has been serving the Spokane, WA community for the past 27 years. The shop was started by Michael Federico, who has 39 years of experience in the automotive industry. Mechanics Pride Tire & Automotive is a full-service facility, offering everything from tune-ups to A/C repair, tire and custom wheels sales to fuel injections.
Most attorneys know the law. But are they dedicated to fighting your case? The difference between any attorney and the right attorney is dedication and the drive to find the right answers for you. At Twyford Law, we believe there is nothing more important than your case. We go to battle for you, defending you and your rights.
CAL, (formerly Consumer Auto Liquidators), is a privately owned, family-run business that has been in eastern Washington for 15 years this year! CAL has sold over 32,000 vehicles in that time. CAL also has the best selection of vehicles in the region with over 250 vehicles in stock. CAL is an independent dealer, so we carry every make and model available.
Great Pumpkin Race Information:
Welcome to Spokane’s annual Great Pumpkin Race. What makes it great is you! Your help, your participation, your laughs, your squeals, your cheers and even your groans.
- Because time and space are limited, please arrive and register early enough to ensure your pumpkin a place in the race - not to mention the goodies mentioned above.
- Even though the race starts at noon, registration opens at eleven.
- At registration, children will be asked their first name and the name, if any, of their pumpkin. Kids who decline this information will simply be announced as “number 44".
Important: Respect the neighborhood that hosts this event. Do not block driveways or cause a nuisance. This is a public event with media welcome. If you participate you will likely be photographed or otherwise recorded.
- Pumpkin must be under 12 pounds, excluding wheels and chassis. Pumpkins may be hollowed out to meet weight. All manner of kid-appropriate dressed pumpkins welcome.
- Pumpkin must be attached to wheels with screws or bolts or other means that penetrate and tightly secure the pumpkin to the wheels. All pumpkins must pass the “wobble” test in order to race. No rogue pumpkins!
- Pumpkins will be gravity powered only. No assists of any kind allowed.
- Pumpkins may not include flammable or hazardous materials of any kind.